Shared Services Phase 2
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley, presented the confidential report of the Deputy Chief Executive which outlines the proposals for phase 2 of shared services, including a joint digital strategy, customer services operating model, shared leadership and management, and joint Chief Executive.
Members discussed the success of phase 1 and the resilience of those services within phase 1 over the last few months.
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley proposed and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Peter Wilson seconded the unanimous Decision
To approve the following:
1. Adopt the joint digital strategy.
2. Adopt the proposed model for a shared customer services function.
3. Approve the development of a single shared leadership team for both councils, as set out in the report.
4. To appoint Gary Hall as the shared Chief Executive for a period of 23 months as outlined within the report.
5. To commence and follow the established process for appointing senior officers as set out in the Change Policy, through the shared service appointment panel.
6. Approve the proposed savings.
7. Support a review of the pay policy to ensure a consistent approach to senior salaries.
Report author: Chris Sinnott
Publication date: 31/01/2021
Date of decision: 17/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 17/11/2020 - Council