Approval for the Contract Award for the Procurement of Garden Waste Stickers
Decision Maker: Executive Member (Resources)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the Executive Member approves the direct award to Permiserv for the garden waste subscription permits.
2. That the contract is shared between South Ribble Council and Chorley Council, with each Council only paying for the number of permits processed.
Reasons for recommendations
· Following negotiations the Council is comfortable best value for money is being achieved.
· The supplier are the incumbent supplier for garden waste subscription permits. To ensure continued service to residents it is recommended that the existing contract is renewed.
Other options considered and rejected
· To South Ribble and Chorley Councils could tender for a new garden waste subscription permit service. However, as both Councils have undertaken significant integration work with existing systems into the supplier, this is not recommended. This is to ensure continuity of service and minimal disruption to residents.
· The bespoke nature and specific requirements of the service being procured means alternative suppliers cannot match the required service specification.
Publication date: 04/01/2022
Date of decision: 04/01/2022
Effective from: 12/01/2022