Provisional Revenue and Capital Outturn 2019/20
Decision Maker: Executive Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Note the full year forecast position for the 2019/20 revenue budget and capital investment programme.
2. Note the slippage requests outlined in Appendix 2 of the report to finance expenditure on specific items or projects in 2020/21.
3. Approval for the contribution of £63k from in-year revenue underspends to the Change Management Reserve to finance one-off redundancy and pension strain costs arising from transformation and shared service strategies. This will bring the reserve to £250k.
4. Approval for the contribution of £100k from in-year revenue underspends to fund the revenue implications of future planning appeals. This will bring the reserve to £100k.
5. Approval for the contribution of £100k from in-year revenue underspends to fund crucial works to the council’s CCTV operations centre.
6. Approval for the contribution of £203k from in-year revenue underspends to increase the business rates retention reserve.
7. Note the 2019/20 outturn position on the Council's reserves outlined in Appendix 4.
8. Note the impact of the final capital expenditure outturn and the re-phasing of capital budgets to 2020/21 and approve the adjustments to the capital programme outlined in paragraph 61.
9. Request Council approval of the financing of the 2019/20 capital programme to maximise the use of funding resources available to the Council.
Report author: James Thomson
Publication date: 31/07/2020
Date of decision: 30/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 30/07/2020 - Executive Cabinet
Effective from: 08/08/2020
- Provisional Revenue and Capital Outturn 2019/20 PDF 424 KB
- Appendix 1 - General Fund Summary PDF 118 KB
- Appendix 2 - Transfers to Reserves PDF 36 KB
- Appendix 3 - Investment Budgets PDF 42 KB
- Appendix 4 - Analysis of Reserves & Provisions PDF 86 KB
- Appendix 5 for Provisional Revenue and Capital Outturn 2019/20 PDF 61 KB