Cowling Farm Update
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley, presented the confidential report of the Director of Commercial. The purpose of the report is to update members on the progress and next steps of delivering the Gypsy & Travellers site at Cowling Farm and to update on the discussions with Homes England to progress a joint planning application to deliver housing across the Council and Homes England sites.
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley proposed and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Peter Wilson seconded the unanimous Decisions
1. Approval to progress a full planning application for the delivery of a Gypsy and Traveller site on the CBC Cowling Farm Site.
2. Approval to progress discussions with the Gypsy and Traveller Family on a shared ownership or affordable homes tenure basis for delivery of the gypsy and traveller site at Cowling Farm.
3. Acknowledge that the development platform and infrastructure for the Gypsy and Traveller site will be designed to allow for anticipated future gypsy and traveller need. Detailed development will be limited to current assessed need.
4. Acknowledge that an application to extend the temporary planning consent currently held by the Gypsy and Traveller family (expiring July 2021) is likely to be submitted.
5. Approval for initial expenditure to prepare the full and outline planning applications and a further amount for the tendering exercise to procure a consultant team.
6. To acknowledge the future cost of delivering the Gypsy and Traveller site. An update of the delivery cost will be brought back to Members for approval.
7. Approval to progress an application for Homes England funding to deliver the gypsy and traveller site.
8. Approval to enter into an agreement with Homes England to progress a joint outline planning application for delivery of residential of the remainder of the CBC land.
9. Approval for the delegation of agreeing terms with Homes England to Director of Governance.
Report author: Rachel Salter
Publication date: 15/02/2021
Date of decision: 26/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/01/2021 - Council