57 Market Street Chorley
Decision Maker: Executive Member (Resources)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Reasons for recommendations:
1. That the terms included in the report, for the grant of a 5-year lease are approved.
2. Approval is granted to instruct the Director of Governance to prepare and issue a 5-year Lease on the terms agreed.
Alternative options considered and rejected:
1. The grant of a lease will bring the property back into economic use.
2. The Council will receive revenue in the form of the annual rent agreed over the 5-year term.
3. The Town Centre will benefit from the services offered.
4. The transfer of the business from premises on the Covered Market will facilitate the expansion of the business to allow extended/evening trading.
5. The relocation from their current premises on the Covered Market would unlock the next phase of the market refurbishment.
Publication date: 22/12/2021
Date of decision: 22/12/2021
Effective from: 01/01/2022