Decision Maker: Executive Member (Planning and Development)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To approve that a tender process can be advertised for a drainage scheme at Wigan Lane Playing Pitch Site.
2. To delegate contract award to Director of Planning and Development.
3. To permit a funding bid to be submitted to Sport England by Chorley Bowmen.
4. To approve that a letter of intent can be issued to Chorley Bowmen from Chorley Council giving full support to the project subject to planning permission being granted and a draft 25yr lease issued for the site and facilities.
5. NOTE - The lease and letter of intent will need to be withdrawn should the project not be approved permission to progress at Full Council on the 26th January or should planning permission not be granted thereafter.
Reasons for recommendations
· The design of the Wigan Lane Playing Pitch and Archery Facility is in the process of being finalised and a report is to go to Full Council on the 26 January 2022 for approval of the scheme, budget and permission to submit a planning application. However, the playing pitch drainage and levelling works are outside of this contract and are proposed to be tendered as a separate package in order to ensure the timely spend of Section 106 monies which must be spent on the site through the signing of a contract to enter into the proposed works by the 21 February 2022. The playing pitch works are also recommended to go ahead as soon as possible to ensure that the pitch has time to establish ready for when the whole development is finished.
Other options considered and rejected
· No other options considered.
Publication date: 04/01/2022
Date of decision: 04/01/2022
Effective from: 13/01/2022