Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Chorley
Contact: Philippa Braithwaite Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Any Interests
Members are reminded of their responsibility to declare any pecuniary interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda.
If you have a pecuniary interest you must withdraw from the meeting. Normally you should leave the room before the business starts to be discussed. You do, however, have the same right to speak as a member of the public and may remain in the room to enable you to exercise that right and then leave immediately. In either case you must not seek to improperly influence a decision on the matter.
There were no declarations.
General procedure points and hearing procedure for the meeting.
The procedure for the meeting was noted.
Report of Director (Customer and Digital) enclosed.
The Sub-Committee considered a report from Director of Early Intervention on an application for a review of a Premises Licence submitted under Section 51 of the Licensing Act 2003 by Lancashire Constabulary acting as a Responsible Authority. Lancashire Constabulary and the Premises Licence Holder were not in attendance at the meeting.
Members were told by the Council’s Licensing Officer that Lancashire Constabulary no longer required a review hearing as both parties had agreed conditions and made substantial progress in relation to the premises. Members were given two documents from both Lancashire Constabulary and from the Premises Licence Holder’s legal representative Kuit Steinart Levy LLP outlining what had been agreed so Members could understand why Lancashire Constabulary no longer required a review hearing.
After careful consideration the Sub-Committee RESOLVED – that no further action be taken against the licence and that members were satisfied that there were no further steps which it considered were appropriate for the promotion of the objectives for the following reasons:
1. Members were satisfied that management at Lakeside Collection Limited had had acted promptly and effectively addressed the deficiencies identified in the Review Application and acted promptly to make all the improvements necessary to meet the concerns that led Lancashire Constabulary to apply for a review. The Conditions identified and agreed by the Premises Licence Holder and Lancashire Constabulary are agreed by Members as follows:
· Professional third-party training for all staff (hotel and club) around alcohol, customer violence and drugs. (This has already taken place.)
· Implementation of a system to ensure that training is reviewed and updated. (This has already taken place.)
· Ensure there are proper training records in place for all staff at the hotel and club involved in the sale of alcohol. (This has already taken place.)
· Identify a new and suitable DPS for the club and make the relevant application to the Licensing Authority to have the current DPS replaced. (This has already taken place.)
· Carry out work on the CCTV to bring the system into full compliance with the licence conditions. (The work has been identified, paid for and scheduled though was not yet complete.)
· Ensure there are proper records in place for door supervisors. (This has already taken place.)
· Ensure there is a proper refusals register in place. (This has already taken place.)
· Ensure there is a proper incident record book in place. (This has already taken place.)
· Ensure there are policies in place and training delivered around drug search and seizure procedures and a system for recording drugs seizure. (This has already taken place.)
2. Although Members are satisfied that the Premises Licence Holder has acted promptly, there is concern relating to the CCTV. Members have requested that this and any other outstanding action which has not been fully complied with are implemented before the next Event this includes the new DPS application to the Council and ensuring work on the CCTV is complete. Lancashire Constabulary and the Premises Licence Holder are to confirm in writing to the licensing officer ... view the full minutes text for item 19.89