Agenda and draft minutes

modern.gov app available
View upcoming public committee documents on your iPad, Android Device or Blackberry Playbook with the free modern.gov app.

Venue: Paddock Room, Civic Centre, South Ribble. Leyland, PR25 1DH

Contact: Sarah Ashcroft 

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introduction/Apologies

The Chair to welcome members to the meeting and note any apologies.

Minutes:

The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and invited attendees to introduce themselves, apologies were noted as above.

2.

Minutes of last meeting and matters arising pdf icon PDF 155 KB

The board to note the minutes of the meeting 15th June 2017 and agree any further action on matters arising

Proposal: Action

Minutes:

The Chair advised that Cllr Zara Khan and Cllr Mark Perks were both interested in the 0-19 advisory board.  The Chair will send out an email to confirm who will be the nominated representative.

 

Minutes agreed as a true record.

Actions: Chair

3.

Safeguarding

3a

Update from LSCB

The Board to receive an update from the LSCB

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Danielle explained that there is currently one active serious case review in South Ribble.

 

Michael Grime will be covering Danielle’s maternity leave and will bring updates and learning briefs to future meetings.

 

Danielle advised that joint reports can be found on the LSCB website.  Audit summaries have now been published.

 

The Continuum of Need has been revised to allow for a consistent "windscreen" across Pan-Lancs, Danielle advised that the changes are minimal and still use the same terminology.

 

A multi-agency task and finish group is due to be held on 9 October.

 

The Chair asked if a district council rep is attending.

 

Danielle advised that it is currently core agencies but will take it back to the Board.

 

The Chair advised the importance of being part of the discussion particularly as staff are out in the community and come across safeguarding issues.

 

Danielle advised that the launch for central is 25 October with a venue to be confirmed.

 

The LGA Peer Review is taking place 16-20 October.

 

Danielle advised that the inspection is likely to be at the beginning of 2018.

 

The Chair asked about the possibility of having face to face and/or case study training as this would be useful for senior officers.

 

Danielle advised that they are recruiting a training co-ordinator and she will raise this.

 

Actions: Danielle McMillan, LSCB and LSAB Business Coordinator

3b

CSE pdf icon PDF 656 KB

The Board to receive an update from Chorley Council.

 

Overview & Scrutiny Report attached for information.

 

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Rachel Austen, Lead officer for CSE at Chorley Council was in attendance for this item.

 

Rachel advised that an Overview and Scrutiny Group was set up last year within Chorley to review how CSE awareness could be raised and review the processes and partnership working in relation to CSE. Several agencies contributed to the review such as police, The Children’s Society secondary schools, and a resulting Task and Finish Group was consequently set up to carry out a CSE action plan. This was a joint action plan across the Chorley and South Ribble Community safety partnership.

 

The Chair acknowledge that whilst there is an action plan with the CSP arrangements, this work also links to key priorities for the Children and Young People’s Trust.

 

The CSP worked with the production company Chelsea’s Choice who put on a theatre production which is very interactive.  It was shown in March at schools in South Ribble and Chorley.  Unfortunately Hutton Grammar School were the only school not to receive the performance.

 

Rachel explained that we received very good feedback from the schools and they felt it was dramatic and had a big impact.

 

The cost was £10,000 to deliver to one year group across Chorley and South Ribble, we chose year 8 as it was felt this was the most vulnerable year group.

 

The Community Safety Partnership are looking at years 5 and 6 for a future production.

 

Rachel explained that early intervention and early action by targeting primary schools is the key message.

 

The Chair advised that as a parent she would recommend the production, it is very effective.  Now it’s about how we spread the message, maybe we should ask for extra funding?

 

Donna asked about providing the production to beyond year 8.

 

Rachel advised that this could be discussed, we could get the stats on younger people and relationships.

 

Donna asked that if there is anything the VCFS can do to please let her know, also to keep them informed, if they can help promote anything, also they wouldn’t want to duplicate anything.

 

Rachel/Louise to discuss with Donna re looking at high schools. 

 

Letter to be sent to Head Teacher at Hutton. 

 

Diane to share contact details for Blast who provide training for boys.

 

Actions: Chair and Rachel Austen, Intervention and Prevention Officer

4.

Future of Lancashire Children and Young People's Trust Boards

The Board to receive an update on the future of the current Children’s Trust.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

The Chair advised that the Trust Board still haven’t met to discuss although a meeting for all Chairs is imminent.  As soon as we have any further information we will share it.

 

Email from LCC re future of the Children’s Trust to be forwarded to members. 

 

The Chair asked for people’s thoughts and views as to whether the Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancs Partnership Board should continue.

 

The Board agreed that we should continue until we are told otherwise.

Actions: Chair

5.

Update on Universal Credit Full Service

The Board to receive an overview of the direction for claims to benefit moving forward.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Karl Worsley, DWP presented this item.  Presentation included with the minutes.

 

Karl confirmed the go live dates as below:

 

West Lancs 13 December 2017

South Ribble 7 March 2018

Chorley 18 April 2018

 

Karl took members of the Board through the presentation explaining the need to simplify the current system.  The system will be fully digital and therefore available 24 hours a day with Work Coaches responding to enquiries the next working day.

 

Karl explained that digital support will be provided for those customer who have no access.  The DWP are working with CAB, Lancashire Adult Learning and Local Authorities to provide support and training.

 

If anyone has any questions around Universal Credit please contact Karl direct.

 

Karl will write to relevant stakeholders, cc Louise to cascade. 

 

The Chair thanked Karl for the presentation which was very useful.

 

Actions: Amanda Jakeman, Employer and Partnership Manager, Department for Work and Pensions

6.

Online Safety Event pdf icon PDF 185 KB

The Board to discuss the event due to be held on Wednesday 4th October 10.00am – 12.00noon

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

The Chair asked that members of the Board promote the event which is due to take place on Wednesday 4th October.

 

Sarah confirmed that VCFS and the Police will be attending, to date 75 tickets have been booked.

Actions: Chair

7.

Any other business

Minutes:

The Chair advised that County Councillor Perks had contacted her to raise concern that we do not have sufficient representation from schools at the Partnership Board.

 

It was suggested that perhaps we could look at rotating between schools and also possibly asking pastoral to attend.

 

Danielle will raise this at LCC level.

 

The Chair suggested that we could contact Onside, who run the Youth Zone to see if they would like to nominate a representative. 

8.

Future CPB Meeting dates

Thursday 14th December, 2.00pm – 4.00pm, Cabinet and Committee Room, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF

Minutes:

Thursday 14th December, 2.00pm – 4.00pm, Cabinet and Committee Room, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF

 

March – To be confirmed