Agenda and draft minutes

modern.gov app available
View upcoming public committee documents on your iPad, Android Device or Blackberry Playbook with the free modern.gov app.

Venue: Cabinet & Committee Room, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF

Contact: Sarah Ashcroft 

Items
No. Item

1.

Welcome and Introduction/Apologies

The Chair to welcome members to the meeting and note any apologies.

Minutes:

The chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and invited attendees to introduce themselves, apologies were noted as above.

2.

Minutes of last meeting and matters arising pdf icon PDF 162 KB

The Board to note the minutes of the meeting 21st September 2017 and agree any further action on minutes arising

Proposal: Action

Minutes:

Item 4, Laura Nuttall advised that the tender closed on Monday re the review of Children’s Trust, therefore the review should start in January 2018.

 

Item 3a, Rachel Austen confirmed that she has now spoken to Donna at VCFS.  Also Hutton Grammar School have accepted the awareness training which will be delivered by Blast in Summer 2018.

 

The Chair said she thought it would be useful to understand what training has been undertaken for Chorley/South Ribble/West Lancs and look at what the gaps are.

 

Sharon Phillips said she can provide information of what the Children’s Society have done.

 

Laura advised that they can look at what training schools have done, and possibly link in with the police and crime commission. 

 

At item 5, Karl Worsley, DWP advised that the go live dates for Chorley and South Ribble have now changed to July 2018.

Actions: Chair

3.

Safeguarding

3a

LSCB

LSCB to provide an update.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Laura gave an overview, she explained that there are currently two cases both within South Ribble, these are ongoing and include criminal investigations which means they could be delayed.  Further updates will be provided.

 

Laura advised that a conference is taking place on 14th March ‘SAR/SCR Case Review Conference Day’ which will include key themes from learning further information will be shared.

 

The Risk Sensible Practice was launched in the summer briefings took place in October with approximately 600 people attending.  The feedback received has been that there were not enough training dates, so additional dates have now been added so they will now take place each month.

 

Laura advised that the new Training Co-ordinator is Sarah Hargreaves, there is a backlog and she will be working on 2018/19 dates.  Her contact email address is Sarah.hargreaves@lancashire.gov.uk

 

Actions: Laura Nuttall, LSCB and LSAB

3b

Training

The board to discuss what our training needs are.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Louise explained that a further detailed discussion is needed with Sarah Hargreaves.

 

Louise asked if members of the CPB are accessing LSCB training, members agreed that this is being accessed in their individual agencies.

Actions: Chair

4.

Counter Terrorism pdf icon PDF 200 KB

The Board to receive an update on Prevent and Project Griffin.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Rachel Austen advised that it’s been 12 months since the training was delivered, Chorley and South Ribble have had the WRAP training.

 

Rachel is looking at counter terrorism training in February 2018, Rachel will speak to the Police to look at what has already been delivered in schools.

 

Rachel said that she will forward a copy of the Concern Form used for information.

 

Members of the CPB agreed that counter terrorism training is high on everyone’s agenda.

Actions: Rachel Austen, Intervention and Prevention Officer, Chorley Council

5.

Wellbeing, Prevention and Early Help

The Board to receive an update on the WPEH service

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Tim Grose was unable to attend the meeting, papers provided by Tim were circulate to members for their information.

 

Tim to be invited to the meeting in March. 

Actions: Tim Grose, Locality Manager, Lancashire County Council

6.

Children's Society

The Board to receive an update to include children missing from home, support and children’s rights and asylum seekers.

Proposal: Discuss

Minutes:

Sharon Phillip’s was in attendance for this item.  A copy of the presentation is included with the minutes.

 

Sharon gave an overview of the work undertaken by the Children’s Society across Lancashire.

 

Sharon advised that unfortunately the funding for CSE has been cut and the team have now gone down to 1 from 6.

 

A discussion took place around the work they do including return home interviews, and involvement with victims and support provided.

Actions: Sharon Phillips, Operations Manager

7.

Working Together to Safeguard Children - revisions to statutory guidance pdf icon PDF 3 MB

For discussion

Proposal: Discuss

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Laura advised that the LSCB will be submitting a collective response.  Individual agencies are also encouraged to respond.  Included in the papers is an annotated note.  The closing date is 31 December, with the changes due to be in place by June 2019.

 

To submit individual agency responses please follow the link below:

 

https://consult.education.gov.uk/child-protection-safeguarding-and-family-law/working-together-to-safeguard-children-revisions-t/

 

If anyone has any comments they would like to be included these must be with Laura by Tuesday 19 December.

 

The Chair will share Chorley Councils response and circulate w/c 18 December.

 

LSCB will continue to share information with us.

Actions: Laura Nuttall, LSCB and LSAB

8.

Online Safeguarding Event pdf icon PDF 414 KB

Summary of the event held in October to be shared with the Board.

Proposal: Discuss

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chair gave an update on the event held in October.

 

If anyone feels there are any particular gaps this is something we could look at in the future.

 

Laura advised that the Online Safety Live Sessions is planned for 16th January 2018 at the Leyland Hotel.  This is a half-day session and is targeted to multi-agencies.

Actions: Chair

9.

Any other business

10.

Future CPB Meeting dates

Thursday 22 March 10.00am – Committee Room 2, Chorley Town Hall

 

June - TBC

Minutes:

Thursday 22 March 10.00am, Committee Room 2, Town Hall, Chorley               

 

June - TBC