Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley presented the confidential report of the Chief Executive.
Members debated the proposals, with Leader of the Opposition, Councillor Alan Cullens and the Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Councillor Alan Platt. It was noted that the future plans for the Bengal Street depot would be considered at the Wholly Owned Company working group. The constraints of the former depot at Yarrow were acknowledged.
The Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley proposed and the Deputy Leader, Councillor Peter Wilson seconded, and it was Resolved (unanimously)
1. To approve an overall capital budget of £3,750,000 to re-locate the Bengal Street depot to the Common Bank Industrial Estate site.
2. To approve a new revenue budget for the associated borrowing costs of £192k per annum from 2024/25 onwards.
3. To approve the re-location of the Bengal Street depot and Streetscene function to the Common Bank Industrial Estate site.
4. To approve the purchase of the long lease hold interest at Common Bank Industrial Estate site.
5. To note the commencement of HR procedures to consult with employees regarding the change of working location.
6. To note a further report will be brought forward and delegated for the Executive Members attention to review and approve the costs attributed to staff impacted with regards to the relocation of the workplace.
Report author: Looqman Mulla
Publication date: 24/07/2023
Date of decision: 18/07/2023
Decided at meeting: 18/07/2023 - Council