Establishment of a Climate Change Working Group
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Deputy Leader, Councillor Peter Wilson, presented the report of the Deputy Chief Executive which outlines the proposal to establish a member-led Climate Change Working Group.
Cross party support was indicated for the establishment of this group.
Councillor Martin Boardman queried the proposals regarding BREEAM for the new Tatton Gardens development. This information will be confirmed by email following the meeting. Councillor Bradley advised there have been some relaxations regarding this, but that the council strives to deliver a high standard regarding BREEAM.
The Deputy Leader, Councillor Peter Wilson proposed and the Executive Leader, Councillor Alistair Bradley seconded the unanimous Decision that
1. A Climate Change Working Group is established which is a member led, non-decision-making body which will provide strategic leadership to the Council on climate change matters, monitoring performance to achieve climate change targets and informing policy decisions.
2. The Terms of Reference (appendix one) are adopted to inform the governance and structure of the group.
3. The membership of the group to be (5:2:0)
1. Councillor Peter Wilson (Chair)
2. Councillor Alistair Bradley
3. Councillor Bev Murray
4. Councillor Steve Holgate
5. Councillor Mark Clifford
6. Councillor Martin Boardman
7. Councillor Val Caunce
Two reserves from each group will be confirmed at the next meeting
Report author: Zoe Whiteside
Publication date: 15/02/2021
Date of decision: 26/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/01/2021 - Council