Alker Lane Development
Decision Maker: Executive Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Councillor Alistair Bradley, Executive Member (Economic Development and Public Service Reform), presented the confidential report of the Director (Business Development and Growth) which provides a general update on the Alker Lane Development, a general programme of works, and to seeks approval to undertake a competitive procurement exercise to appoint a consultant/contractor to design and undertake an intrusive site investigation.
1. To approve the procurement of a consultant/contractor team to design and undertake an intrusive site investigation.
2. To approve the use of the Chest portal inviting up to four bidders to procure the site investigation.
3. Agree that the tender submissions for the site investigation will be evaluated on a 70% price/30% quality matrix.
4. That the site investigation contract award be delegated to the Executive Member (Resources).
5. Acknowledge the proposed timeline for the bringing forward of the site development.
Reasons for Recommendation(s):
To progress the delivery of the Alker Lane Development.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
To leave the requirements to undertake a site investigation to the contractor who undertakes the detailed design and build for the development. This would not expedite the delivery of this site. Completing the site investigation now will also assist with the works associated with the relocation of the watermain.
Report author: Rachel Salter
Publication date: 21/10/2019
Date of decision: 17/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/10/2019 - Executive Cabinet
Effective from: 25/10/2019